Today’s Mason Jar Sunday comes in the form of a DIY guest post from one of my favorite fellow bloggers, Liz Marie!  If you haven’t yet met her in this wonderful blogging world, go say hello!  All photos in this post are credited to Liz.

I’ll let Liz take it away…

One of my favorite elements for interior design costs less than two dollars at your local grocery store. That’s right, Mason Jars. Now, you can find some antique mason jars that cost more & some in different styles, but for this DIY project I used four simple wide mouth Mason Jars. I decided to make my first one for my first time for our master bathroom because I hate the disorganization of bags of cotton balls and other odds and ends. I was so excited that I combined my love for mason jars & stylish practicality…

Mason Jar Storage for the baƱo…

Amazing storage, & it’s with my favorite thing ever, MASON JARS!

I filled my mason jars with Qtips, cotton balls, & cosmetic sponges, but you could fill yours with virtually anything that fits in a Mason Jar for any room.

What you will need to create your mason jar storage…

I painted my board to match my bathroom with this lovely shade of purple.

Mason Jars, picture frame hangers, & some large pipe clamps

O, & you might need one of these.. a hubby! haha He was such a big help figuring out the placement of the jars for me.. Have I ever mentioned how amazing my husband is? Love him more than anything in the world..

And now for some Mason Jar love to show off the final product!

Isn’t she crafty??  I love this.  Thank you for contacting me, Liz!!

If you have a favorite mason jar idea or an image, send it along, I’d love to share!  {and Kamie, yours is going up next week :)}

COMMENTS
  • radn says on March 13, 2011 Reply

love it!

• Ashlee says on March 13, 2011 Reply

Cute! I have mason jars all over my house–lined up in the windowsill with fresh flowers, in my office full of sorted craft supplies, on the coffee table with mini pinecones and wine corks….I probably have more than 20!

• bonafidebride says on March 14, 2011 Reply

I love it! I want to make one for my office, since the vintage milk bottle I have been storing pens in doesn't hold as much as I had hoped. This project is calling my name!

• HiLLjO says on March 14, 2011 Reply

Kinda hot for this idea so much that I'm planning a jumbo-jar organizing yarn shelf unit… Jacin I love that you love jars, too. I thought I was stupid for loving something like… a jar.

• Erin*Sparkle&Hay says on March 14, 2011 Reply

aaaan i didn't mention yesterday how much i LOVE this!!!

• Erin*Sparkle&Hay says on March 14, 2011 Reply

aaaan i didn't mention yesterday how much i LOVE this!!!

• Erin*Sparkle&Hay says on March 14, 2011 Reply

aaaan i didn't mention yesterday how much i LOVE this!!!

• Erin*Sparkle&Hay says on March 14, 2011 Reply

aaaan i didn't mention yesterday how much i LOVE this!!!

• Erin*Sparkle&Hay says on March 14, 2011 Reply

aaaan i didn't mention yesterday how much i LOVE this!!!

• Nicole-Lynn says on March 15, 2011 Reply

Super cute! Perfect for you! (I remember you used mason jars for your wedding)

• steph c says on March 15, 2011 Reply

What an amazing, cute idea! Love it.

• Kate/MagnoliaRouge says on March 16, 2011 Reply

What a fab idea…. I might need to implement this in my office!!

• Luna and Chloe says on March 16, 2011 Reply

Just a fabulous idea!! There really is no end for mason jar usage!!! They are really one of the best things ever! And I agree with Kate ~ this little project is office bound in my neck of the woods. Oh the lovely things I can fill them with… Thank you bunches for sharing!

xoxo
    kristi

• theeclecticlife says on March 19, 2011 Reply

LOVE the usage of these mason jars! What a great idea!

• Kelly says on March 27, 2011 Reply

I just love that you do mason jar Sundays. It's such a classic Americana piece, and so versatile. I look forward to it now :)

• liz says on July 5, 2011 Reply

I love this idea.. but how did he attach the pipe clamps to the board? Did he nail them or hang them on the picture frame hangers? I’m sure it’s so apparent but I’m just not seeing it..

• jacin says on February 1, 2012 Reply

hello there, They are screwed to the board using a screw through the clamp.

• Wendy says on July 9, 2011 Reply

I am definitely doing this for my bathroom… perfect solution for what I’m dealing with! But I, too, would like to know how they were fastened to the piece of wood. :)

• jacin says on February 1, 2012 Reply

hi! They are screwed to the board using a screw through the clamp.

• Lissa says on February 23, 2012 Reply

What are the picture hangers used for? To put it on the wall? Are they strong enough?

• MegjgeM says on May 25, 2013 Reply

But if you use a screw through the clamp before the jar is there then how do you get the jar now in the clamp since u had to use a screw before the jar was there?

• Melissa says on September 6, 2011 Reply

Love this! I think I’m going to try it. Not just for the bathroom either but possibly for an office setting :)

• Anna says on January 15, 2012 Reply

You know, I have an intense love for Mason jars too. Truly.
    This is one of the many great uses for them I’ve seen – up there with the wall garden (a lot like your setup) and the chandelier.
    Check out my DIY homemaker blog at patchworkradicals.weebly.com if you like!

Take care, love the blog!

• AC says on February 1, 2012 Reply

How are these attached to the board? Seems like a major detail to be left out of the post?!

• jacin says on February 1, 2012 Reply

They are screwed to the board using a screw through the clamp.

• Mavis Young says on February 19, 2012 Reply

Cute idea!!! This would be wonderful in my bathroom :)

• Katie says on February 19, 2012 Reply

Cool idea BUT you need lids on them to keep the dust and grime off of your clean toiletries!!

• jacky @ small home love says on February 21, 2012 Reply

Love, love, love this idea! In the process of redoing the bathroom and these would look great. Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

• Daisy says on February 29, 2012 Reply

Help me please! I’ve been trying to do this for my toiletries and for my herb garden and I can’t for the life of me get a whole through the clamps! It seems like I’ve tried everything! I even went out and bought a special drill bit and it barely put a scratch on the dang thing! I need help!!

• Laughing Abi says on May 18, 2012 Reply

Not sure if you ever solved this problem but I just read your comment and had an idea. Did you try driving a nail through the metal clamp? Maybe the sharp point of the nail would go through. Then you could remove the nail and use the hole you created for your screw. Hope this helps. I’m getting ready to make one of these so let me know how it goes.

• Alyshi says on August 13, 2012 Reply

I have tried that and I can’t seem to get it either. I love the idea, but it is all starting to flop because I can’t for the life of me figure out this step. Did you buy a special kind of clamor something? I think mine are aluminum. HELP PLEASE

• JHNickodemus says on August 21, 2012 Reply

I’m experiencing this problem as well. I did buy some bigger clamps…maybe I need to go back and get smaller ones?

• Trina says on March 10, 2012 Reply

These are really sweet. Mason jars make me feel nostalgic for my farm girl childhood. I want to fill blue ones with wildflowers for my wedding reception centerpieces.

• Kaitlin says on April 24, 2012 Reply

I am curious what are the dimensions of the board you used. I love this idea and can’t wait to make one myself! Thanks

• Erin says on May 13, 2012 Reply

My daughters made this for me for Mother”s Day!!!!!!
    What a great idea!!!!!! This craft will be the perfect addition to my bathroom!!!!!!!!

• renee says on May 13, 2012 Reply

hello! DId you drill the wood onto the wall to make it stay? I am moving into an apartment and I am not sure if I will be able to drill holes into the wall. Any other suggestions on how to mount this wonderful project?

• Sukoch says on May 14, 2012 Reply

Really cute idea, but would need fitting lids to keep the contents from getting dirty.

• darcy says on May 17, 2012 Reply

I have so many mason jars left over from my daughters wedding…want to try this out, I think it would make great storage for my stained glass bits!

• Lori says on July 23, 2012 Reply

What kind of pipe clamp did you use and where did you get them? I can’t seem to find ones big enough to work for this!

• Kathy says on July 28, 2012 Reply

Wouldn’t it be neat to use antique blue/green mason jars…

• MARY says on July 31, 2012 Reply

LOVE THIS

• Cindy says on August 3, 2012 Reply

I found some oversized tea lights in metal cups at Walmart. They slip down into most pint size or larger mason fars for a very casual yet effective light source for outdoor evenings. The glass reflects the light very well. I have also grouped three different sized jars with these tealights in my kitchen. Looks pretty cool when lit.

• gingermandy says on August 7, 2012 Reply

awesome! i’m definitely going to keep this in mind when i move into my next place.

• Cheri says on September 2, 2012 Reply

I think this is so sweet! I see the metal bands wrapped in ribbon or sleeves made of fabric; covering the metal bands Rather than heming by hand use fabric glue folding under the edge of the ends of the lengths of fabric before sewing. After tightenig band around jar; measure around starting at the turn mechanisium around to the other edge of turn mech. Cut fabric the length of that plus 1/2 inch at each end this will be glued and turned under. The band is usually about 1/2 inch wide or alittleless Putting wrong sides together lengthwise inside out!

• Cheri says on September 2, 2012 Reply

sorry, finishing the project! make the width of the fabric 1 1/2 inch wide, if you want it to be scrunchy make the length longer, so it will scrunch. Putting right sides together lengthwise sew at least 1/4 or more in side the edge and turn. Open band remove from hanger and slide material sleeve over band, run band back through your hangers and tighten around jar!

• KP Lemon says on September 21, 2012 Reply

I also don’t quite understand how to attach the clamps to the wood. Neither screws nor nails will go through the metal of the clamp and the perforations on the clamp are too small to fit a nail or screw through. Any thoughts? Do holes need to be pre-drilled in the clamps with a drill press or something?

• maui says on November 16, 2012 Reply

thank you for the great idea, will be testing it out on the weekend! now to find a handyhusband… lol

• Ken Smith says on December 5, 2012 Reply

Just found your site and really think it is great. I plan to do some of these for Christmas gifts.
    Keep up the great work.

• JAMES R. says on March 31, 2013 Reply

Mademoiselle:
    I love your idea!! I like how you have done the whole project…there’s just one thing I’d like to point out. Those metal bands that you call pipe clamps, are not “pipe clamps”, they are hose clamps. BIG DIFFERENCE.
    TY for sharing this wonderful idea will all of us.

• Molly says on April 8, 2013 Reply

Sad… I bought all these materials and can’t get holes through the metal pipe clamps so that I can hang the jars :(

• MegjgeM says on May 25, 2013 Reply

How do the pipe clamps attach to the wood? And I would imagine the picture hanger is to Mount on the wall?

• MegjgeM says on May 25, 2013 Reply

How does the pipe clamp attach to the wood since I would imagine the picture hangers are for the wall mounting?

• Mandy says on May 27, 2013 Reply

Saw lots of questions like mine on how to get the metal pipe clamps onto the boards… And I too got to that point and got frustrated because I couldn’t get a screw or nail into the metal. I came across this video and haven’t tried it but they show you just how to do it… Hope it works! http://youtu.be/v0iTWVA6Dto

• Suzette Poli says on December 15, 2013 Reply

I do not understand why half these woman do not know what a c clamp is or where to find them. Also why ask the dimensions of her wood? She’s giving us her idea on it , so just run with it.

• Betty says on January 15, 2014 Reply

Nobody said anything about a C clamp. She said pipe clamp. And if you cant understand why someone doesn’t know this thatn maybe you should try doing something your not familiar with. I would venture to say there was a time you did not know what a C clamp was. I applaud the women who are doing something they are unfamiliar with and learning something new.

• Morgan says on February 9, 2014 Reply

I love this idea and I posted about the tutorial today on my blog. I hope you will stop by and check it out!

• Gesslein Kombikinderwagen says on April 14, 2014 Reply

Heya this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code woth HTML.
    I’m starting a blog son but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get advice fom someone with experience.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!