Today’s lovely guest in the Bloggers {Unveiled} series is none other than the lovely Kathryn Storke of Snippet & Ink! {And if you haven’t yet seen her wedding recaps, you must go take a look – they are oh, so stunning!}

About the Blog:

Snippet & Ink is a place where I get to bring together two of my favorite things: love and pretty details. I feel so lucky to look at gorgeous photographs everyday, and then to hear the love stories behind them. My hope for Snippet & Ink is to make it a place where brides and grooms can see that there’s no one right way to have a wedding, that simple can be beautiful, and that meaningful matters.

Blogger {Unveiled}:

How did you get started in the wedding world?
I guess you could say I got started in the wedding world as a bridesmaid in my sister’s wedding when I was 16. It was the first time I ever looked through a Martha Stewart Weddings magazine, and I totally fell in love.

What is your makeup staple?
Chanel Inimitable mascara in black – can’t live without it!

What’s one thing that others don’t know about you?
People might not know that I’ve lived in 5 states in the last ten years: New York, Mississippi, Wisconsin, Texas, and California.

What’s one piece of advice you would give to others trying to get started with their own business?
My best advice is to go into something that you truly love and care about. You’re going to be spending a lot of time with it, so it should be something you enjoy spending time doing!

What is your favorite part about weddings?
I love the stories. The story of the couple and what brought them to that day; the stories of funny, touching, unexpected things that happened the day of the wedding; the stories behind moments captured by exceptional (or lucky) photographers. The stories are by far my favorite thing about weddings.

What is your hobby outside of blogging {is there life outside blogging}?
I love baking, reading, dancing in my living room, spending time with my husband. Not sure if you can call those hobbies, but it’s the things I like to do when I’m not blogging.

To learn more about Kathryn, go here.  To see the entire lineup of lovely contributors to the Bloggers {Unveiled} series, click here and make sure to pop back in every Friday to get to know the people behind your favorite blogs!!

Happy Friday everyone!
~jacin

COMMENTS
  • colores says on April 1, 2011 Reply

nice post today! inetresting I will check it out right now!!! kisses and wish you a lovely weekend!

• Brancoprata says on April 1, 2011 Reply

Kathryn has such a unique eye for all things weddings… i spend the all week looking at her wedding photos and video… so inspiring, so beautiful!! It’s great to read a little about her and about what she loves! Great post!!

• Courtney says on April 1, 2011 Reply

Jacin, I love these posts. Kathryn’s advice on doing what you truly never tire of is great. Even though it sounds like common sense, I feel like people don’t take it seriously.

• Lissa (Bellenza) says on April 1, 2011 Reply

Wonderful to get a glimpse of the real people behind all the creative work we see! Great feature!

• Jill@teenagebride says on April 1, 2011 Reply

well hello there! Nice to meet you.

Loving these posts Jacin!

• The Perfect Palette says on April 1, 2011 Reply

Loving this post. Kathyrn is such an inspiration. Her wedding was so classic. I love all of kathryn’s advice. I too feel so very lucky to get to look at pretty wedding images all day for a living. And yes, I agree, the stories are really the best part about weddings.

• Kirby {Colors of Honey} says on April 1, 2011 Reply

I couldn’t agree more. do what you love and you’ll be happy! I remember when my friend first sent me a link to her blog. I think I kept looking at older posts and going back and back and back, never tiring of her beautiful inspiration boards!

xo

• Koru Kate says on April 1, 2011 Reply

I’ve been in heaven looking at Kathryn’s wedding this week so this post is perfectly timed. Very fun to learn a bit more about her!

• erin @ chatty brides says on April 1, 2011 Reply

When planning a shoot, first thing I do is head to Snippet & Ink to get ideas on how colors work together and unique ideas for palettes!

• Emily Scott says on April 1, 2011 Reply

Really loving this series J!

my favorite “… simple can be beautiful, and meaningful matters.”

Love!

• Rhiannon {Hey Gorg} says on April 1, 2011 Reply

I love Kathryn to pieces. Such a sweetheart and her wedding remains as one of my faves to date. So beautiful!

• cailen says on April 1, 2011 Reply

i always love these posts! i’m going to check out her blog now : )

happy friday!

• Katherine {flower & honey} says on April 1, 2011 Reply

Kathryn’s blog is amazing, a daily-read for me! Love this series. It’s great to learn more about the bloggers we’ve come to love :)

• Diana says on April 1, 2011 Reply

I love that she was inspired at 16 when she was in her sisters wedding and look at a Martha Stewart magazine…now that should inspire us all to really do what we love <3

• Chandra ~ Oh Lovely Day says on April 1, 2011 Reply

Love S&I, love Kathryn, loved her wedding, and love this “Unveiled” feature on LLD!

• Lena says on April 1, 2011 Reply

Kathryn’s work is so gorgeous, and I can’t resist her classic sensibility. Just gorged myself on her wedding roundup-beautiful!

• Jenny @ Hank + Hunt says on April 1, 2011 Reply

I just love these little features you do! Heck, I heart everything you do! love!

• Definitely a daily read for me. I’ve gotten lots of ideas to help me with shooting a few of the weddings I had earlier this year!!!!

• Kathryn says on April 3, 2011 Reply

Thanks so much for the lovely little feature, Jacin!

• Kate/MagnoliaRouge says on April 3, 2011 Reply

Kathryn’s blog was the first I followed and she was so incredibly helpful when I reached out for advice on starting my own. Her wedding recaps last week were so charming…. loved everything about it and her!!

• kristi says on April 4, 2011 Reply

Oh I have to agree ~ it’s the stories that I love too! It’s what makes each couple and wedding unique and entirely their own…and above all else meaningful! Kathryn’s wedding was the epitome of her blog ~ classic, timeless, put together perfectly and fabulous! Her blog is so inspiring, and definitely one of the first that I started following daily! Thanks so much for sharing ;-)))

xoxo
    kristi

• April says on April 5, 2011 Reply

I ADORE Kathryn and her blog! I felt like she (unknowingly) held my hand through my whole wedding planning process. Seriously cried when I watched her wedding video… gosh. I just love her.