Hi everyone! How was your holiday weekend? I hope you were able to unwind, relax, turn off the computer and spend quality time with loved ones. I tried to do the same and feel nice and refreshed today, ready to take on what is going to be a very busy and exciting week!

Today I am excited to show lots more pictures from our baby shower inspiration shoot that was featured on Pizzazzerie last week. If you didn’t see it over there, or catch my  quick description over here, well, today is your lucky day because of course I’m going to go photo-heavy with pics from our ahhhhhhmazing photographer, Gavin Farrington.

Who said a baby shower had to stay within the color realms of pink and blue? Not us, not today!

It all started with a ruffled shower curtain from Anthropologie

…and an idea sparked by Erin Frank of Host-It Notes, to get our creative minds spinning. Oh, and the fact that our lovely friend Kara Kull of How Fab and Delightfully Engaged is pregnant and due any time now, was reason enough to celebrate, so we threw her a little Baby Shower Inspiration Shoot!

My newfound friend Amanda Reapsummer of One True Love Vintage Rentals provided lots of vintage props for the shoot. Amanda is such a sweet person and we really have a good time together whenever we meet up. This wedding industry is so big, yet so tiny at the same time, and I am really loving all of the amazing fellow wedding peeps I’ve gotten to meet so far.

The crafty genius Erin of Host-It Notes made {yes made} the stuffed owls…

… the blue and orange bunting…

and…. wait for it…. the ruffled cake stand skirt. Stay tuned for more on those from her over on her blog!

So to prep for this shoot, Erin, Amanda, Gavin and I discussed logistics at a few SF wedding meetups beforehand, and then met one evening to go through the plan again, to decide who would bring what, etc. Guys – I was responsible to make cupcakes, bring mimosas and OJ, arrange all the florals, bring baker’s twine, then of course help on-site with styling. Well, I was about halfway down my block on the way to Kara’s house when I realized that my gorgeous orange ruffled cupcakes had been sitting on the trunk of my car when I took off. So… sadly, the cupcakes you see in the pictures are my plan B cupcakes that I had to pick up from Safeway where they luckily were able to dye them just the perfect shade of orange. Always have a plan B, friends! {Not gonna lie, I definitely started to tear up when my pretty little cupcakes landed on the pavement! When I arrived at Kara’s house I was a hot mess. Minus the hot, haha!}

my cupcake nemesis

So for the flowers, I wanted to keep it simple with bright pops of orange and just a bit of white, so I used ranunculus, baby’s breath and bright orange tulips. They were so so pretty and Gavin took some amazing shots of the lovely blooms. I’m pretty much obsessed with them. Can you believe how he was able to capture such detail??

I loved this little vintage box that Amanda brought! What a perfect “vase” for the flowers.

When I was at Safeway for my plan B cupcakes, I picked up these powdered donettes, too. They brought a nice touch of white to the display.

Here’s a few more of my faves from the shoot. I loved how well we all collaborated; everyone really did their part and it all just kind of  fit together with the master plan. We each tweaked the final design ever so slightly and added our own accent somehow, and it was just such a fun shoot, too.

See that yummy tart? Mommy-to-be Kara made that – from scratch! And it was just as delicious as it looks.

Kara also hand-dipped these blue and orange frosted animal crackers to give as favors. Are they not adorable?

We had perfectly matching {and delish} macarons from Paulette Macarons, and I had the challenging task of taking a perfect bite for that picture. Tough job, but someone had to do it.

See that pretty teal cupcake stand? Yep… the craft-master herself, Erin, took a white cupcake stand from Target and spray painted it to the perfect shade of teal. Isn’t she awesome?

Oh, and we had a lot of fun, too. I have no idea what I was saying in this picture, but it was enough to get the crowd going to prove my point that we really enjoy each other’s company :)

Thanks again to Erin, Amanda, Kara, baby, and Gavin for an inspiring afternoon! See, all those lovely little details really do make a difference!

Happy Monday, everyone!

Handmade Items: Custom fabric crafts by Host-It Notes; Favor bags and cookies by Kara Kull
Props: Pitcher, bottles, compote, vases, tins and suitcase via One True Love Vintage Rentals
Plan B Cupcakes: Safeway
Curtain: Anthropologie
Cookie Jar: Plasticland
Cupcake Tree: Originally from Target, then painted. Out of stock, but similar style can be found at Crate and Barrel.
Food: Paulette Macarons, Peach tart by Kara Kull
COMMENTS
  • Kate/MagnoliaRouge says on April 25, 2011 Reply

Beautiful job!! And I so agree with your on the colours… I would go out of my way NOT to use pink or blue in an obvious way. The use of the curtain shower is genius!!

• Kismet says on April 25, 2011 Reply

The colours are delicious! and a great job styling and photographing! Sounds like you all had a great day together-what fun!

• Annie @ Marry You Me says on April 25, 2011 Reply

LOVE! This was so amazing. I love the colors, the decor, the flowers – every last bit of it! And is that a laughatong I see going on in the last pic?? :)

• Bec says on April 25, 2011 Reply

LOVE, love, love this gorgeous baby shower! Aqua and orange is one of my favourite colour palette. Every detail is just perfect! Well done xx

• Brancoprata says on April 25, 2011 Reply

Love the colors, the flowers, the details!!!! Looks like the girls had fun!!!

• Kristina @ K5 Becomes a Bride says on April 25, 2011 Reply

hello beautiful! what a perfect shoot…love the mason jar incorporation :-D

• Wendy Oliver says on April 25, 2011 Reply

I LOVE it! Everything in there is beyond beautiful!

• Marcie Maler says on April 25, 2011 Reply

OBSESSED! Love the colors and vintage style. Totally my thing. Now I need to have a kid!

• erin * sparkle & hay says on April 25, 2011 Reply

this is so so gorgeous its not even funny. this is just beyond dreamy & i LOVE hearing the behind the scenes. (& i love that your outfit matches the shoot colors too haha)

• Laura *You Stir Me* says on April 25, 2011 Reply

this is so awesome, you guys! You all did such a wonderful job on pulling all the little details together – especially the plan B cupcakes, Jacin! Seriously, way to go on finding the perfect colors for a baby shower…I am keeping this gem for inspiration down the road!!!

• Lauren @ Baby Lifestyles says on April 25, 2011 Reply

I love the color combination! The blues and the orange-peach go together so beautifully! This would be so great for a mom expecting boy and girl twins too. Amazing job!

• Spun Sugar Suite says on April 25, 2011 Reply

Gorgeous! I love the peach and aqua together, each and every photo is my favorite. I would love to know about that awesome tin holding the flowers! So cute!

• I can’t even handle how much I love this – great job, everyone! That Anthropologie shower curtain is such a great source of inspiration – I had my eye on it a while ago and am completely regretting the fact that I did not purchase it! Happy Monday all :)

• Lisa says on April 25, 2011 Reply

Oh my gosh, Jacin, seriously? EVERY detail is absolutely adorable and perfect!! I have been scrolling up and down to try to pick a few favorites but I can’t narrow it down at all haha :) I want to move to California and get in on creating these inspiration shoots!!
    Hope you had a wonderful Easter!
    Lisa

• postcards and pretties says on April 25, 2011 Reply

I cant express how much I love this baby shower…you did a fantastic job!!

• Paper Moss says on April 25, 2011 Reply

holy moly this is the most amazing shower i’ve ever seen!!! it is so beautiful. makes me want a little one, ha! :)

• Sarah {A Paper Proposal} says on April 25, 2011 Reply

SO CUTE! Love the ruffled backdrop and the color combo!

• Claire says on April 25, 2011 Reply

I just can’t tell you enough how much I love this. It’s simply gorgeous!!

• Alicia@CharityWedding says on April 25, 2011 Reply

This is a dream baby shower! SO absolutely stunning. When I get pregnant- I’m calling you first!

• Martine Louise Resnick says on April 25, 2011 Reply

This is great! I totally agree about being open to choose colors other than blue or pink! That goes for nurseries too! The details in this shoot are lovely. I like the vintage feel. Some of my favorites are the patchwork bunting, the blue mason jars, the vintage suitcase and tea tine and I especially like the owls!

• Liesl says on April 25, 2011 Reply

I am just loving the color combination, especially the coral accents…one of my favorites for spring and summer! Oh how I love your blog, Jacin! I hope you had a lovely Easter!

Liesl :)

• Nicole says on April 25, 2011 Reply

Oh so cute! The color combination was awesome!

• Lena says on April 25, 2011 Reply

That ruffled backdrop revealed as a shower curtain is just ONE of the reasons that I admire your design style and genius! Love this shoot, darling!

• Kamie says on April 25, 2011 Reply

Love it! And I surprising love the colors!! Everything is gorgeous even the plan B cupcakes!

• Jessica says on April 25, 2011 Reply

I’ve been obsessed with baby showers lately and this photo shoot gives me so many great ideas! I love how you used the shower curtain too.

• Sarah says on April 25, 2011 Reply

Love the colors, absolutely gorgeous!

• kristi says on April 26, 2011 Reply

One word ~ PERFECTION!!!! I am so very thrilled that you all got together and worked on this! This has got to be one of my favorite baby showers to date ;-))) Love that Anthro. shower curtain…and love that you pulled in some orange! It sounds like you all had such an amazing time and it came out through the pictures…if that makes sense!!!! So many pretty details to love! But I gotta tell you, those owls are the cutest EVER!!!! Amazing job ladies ;-))))

And P.S. ~ So sorry to hear about your cupcakes! My heart just sank when I read what happened…yes, Plan B one should always have ;-)))

xoxo
    kristi

• Rhiannon {Hey Gorg} says on April 26, 2011 Reply

Way to go, Jacin and team! You guys did such a fabulous job and I am so impressed with the end result :) Everything looks perfectly pretty and fun and whata lucky Mama to be!!! I too love that ruffled shower curtain; an have it hanging in my washroom in a lovely gray hue! And don’t fret about the cupcakes love. Everything went fabulously xo

• Shawna Gohel says on April 27, 2011 Reply

This shoot is absolutely adorable, and I am so happy to see the onesie! Well done ladies!

• Erin says on April 27, 2011 Reply

I can’t take credit for that adorably cupcake stand. It was both purchased and painted by my friend photographer Nissa Brehmer (www.nissanicole.com). I saw it at her house and begged her to loan it to me! Just looking at this post takes be back to how much awesome fun we had!

• Steph says on April 28, 2011 Reply

Love! Probably because they are very close to my wedding colors ;) And I’m obsessed with that shower curtain.. Urban Outfitters has a strikingly similar one for almost half the price, too!

• Kristin @ Bona Fide Bride says on April 28, 2011 Reply

Love this! I especially like the bite taken out of the macaron… You obviously work well under pressure! ;)

• ajira says on May 2, 2011 Reply

Seriously gorgeous! What a wonderful colour palette you guys chose to work with. The styling is awesome and the photography scrumptious. Off to Erin’s blog to see if she’s posted instructions for making those owls and that bunting! :D

• Tana says on May 5, 2011 Reply

Hi! I JUST LOVE YOUR BLOG! your style is so same to mine, your job is adorable, i love weddings, please visit my fashion blog from Lima Perú http://www.le–coquelicot.blogspot.com also i’am in bloglovin, xoxo!!

• sarah true says on May 6, 2011 Reply

LOVE the color palette!! the details are just perfect. Gorgeous!

• viv @ the eclectic life says on May 10, 2011 Reply

I am utterly obsessed with this gorgeous party! The colors, the shower curtain backdrop, vintage details, and sewn owls are simply perfect! I am so inspired and would love to host a party with similar features. Thanks for fueling our creativity and our visual envy!

• Sharon @ Libby James says on June 3, 2011 Reply

how did you know aqua + orange was my fave color combo? ;] i did a post on the combo in february and have been obsessed ever since!

xx sharon

• Lottie Fowler says on June 6, 2011 Reply

Awww we did my baby shower in owls. So sweet. Love it!

• Alisha says on June 6, 2011 Reply

Absolutely beautiful pictures. What a lovely set up. The flowers are gorgeous, and the colors are stunning. Well done!!

• Anna says on June 18, 2011 Reply

ahh this is amazing!! i’m loving every little detail. so perfect. and the colors – my favorite right now!!

• windsor andersen says on July 6, 2011 Reply

Really really really pretty and I love the non traditional colors of orange and blue for a baby shower. So warm and inviting.

xxoo,
    Windsor

• Sherry says on August 21, 2011 Reply

What an absolutely amazing shower. I LOVE the color combination. Looks like I’ll be pinning away today. Stunning.

• Miriam Corona says on August 25, 2011 Reply

I love the gender neutral color combination! I would have never thought to use the ruffled shower curtain as a backdrop and the matching ruffled cake stand cover is so adorable as well as the bunting and little owls. And oh-no! Your homemade cupcakes!!! As a planner & dessert stylist having a plan b is always must! You just never know how things will work out and you definitely have to consider that desserts may get ruined when transporting them. This has happened to me many times! In hindsight the cupcakes you picked up at safeway are super cute and match perfectly :)

• Melissa C says on January 23, 2012 Reply

Stunning! I’m a big owl fan and I love every detail.

• Laura Taylor says on January 29, 2012 Reply

The setting is so cute. The orange theme is really wonderful for a baby shower. It’s a great idea for organizing a baby shower. I can recommend this theme to my clients. Thank you for sharing this great idea!

• heidi says on May 18, 2013 Reply

Wow, everything looks so beautiful. The tart looks fantastic too. And I absolutely love the color combination.

Heidi’s Wanderings

• in las vegas nevada says on August 31, 2014 Reply

I read this article fully concerning the resemblance of
    most up-to-date and preceding technologies, it’s amazing
    article.