happy monday everyone! i hope you all had a great weekend. just checking in over here after my amazing road trip last week. i gotta tell ya – solo road trips are seriously good for the soul, know what i mean? although not gonna lie, i probably listened to the entire drake album about 40 times on repeat until i finally resorted to pandora to keep me movin along the way :) but seriously – what’s better than you, the open road, and some really good tunes (or no radio at all). it’s my favorite time to think, reflect, and make bigger and better plans. or no plans at all. it is just so good for the head and heart.
anywho..here’s what i was up to:
- a lovely little coffee date with lara, ari and my new pal grace who was howling along to videos i showed her of rhody. it was too cute – love that little girl (and her mama too!) thanks lara for the hospitality and the best cup of coffee i’ve had in a while :)
- lunch with cyn! such a treat – i love dreaming big with this girl (and laughing hysterically along the way)
- site visits in charleston, including my personal fave, boone hall plantation. excited to work with them next year!
- coffee meeting with tara – it was nice to see her outside the dance floor at engage! and chat about the industry, the south, and life in general. she is seriously such an amazing, down to earth person – thanks tara for a much-appreciated meeting :)
- jam trade-off with the sweetest little lady i ever did meet – i ran in to her somewhere between charleston and savannah at this little general store in the middle of nowhere. it seriously fueled my soul and made me so happy – i traded a jar of my strawberry jam (what, you don’t travel with your homemade jam?) for a jar of her peach preserves. amazing.
- antique store “browsing” aka i came home with another mason jar, much to pat’s chagrin. but i needed it, know what i mean? my favorite part was chatting with the store owner for about 20 minutes about mason jars and showing him pics of my collection, including my prized purple and amber masons! so funny.
- site visit heaven at serenbe just outside atlanta – absolutely in love with that place.
- meeting up with pat who had been in atlanta for a few days for work, making future plans and enjoying a weekend exploring with him, meeting up with friends who just moved to the area, and soaking up all we could.
all in all it was a pretty productive trip, i’d say. and on that, now i’m back to work prepping for a+m’s wedding this weekend – see you back here later this week :)
// pictures taken with instagram //