Lovely Little Recipe: Pretzelies Are Back!
You know what’s funny - out of all the posts I’ve put together this one remains one of the most popular, which to me is hilarious because it has nothing to do with the rest of the content I put up everyday. Regardless, I have put this up the past two years and think it’s time again to share with you (and I know Alicia already made a batch!). Let me introduce you to my favorite treat, pretzelies. If you like sweet and salty like I do, then I think you might get hooked!
1 bag of Snyders pretzel snaps (or generic brand square grid pretzels)
1 bag (or more) of hershey kiss hugs, caramel filled kisses and/or peanut butter filled kisses
1 medium bag of holiday colored M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the pretzel snaps evenly across the cookie sheet(s) - I keep a bowl handy for the broken pretzels so they don’t go to waste.
3. Unwrap hersey kisses/hugs and place one in the center of each pretzel.
4. Put in the oven for about 1 minute, up to 2 at the most. You will see the candies getting shiny and you can do a test with an M&M to see if it presses in to the melted chocolate easily. Note - watch this carefully, if they are in too long they will start to brown. Also, the caramel kisses take longer and peanut butter kisses tend to take less time.
5. When ready, take tray out of oven and press one M&M on top of each kiss/hug. I usually do this on top of the stove to keep the tray warm and keep the candies soft while I am placing the M&Ms on top.
6. Take a few pinches of sea salt and sprinkle over tray of pretzelies to increase the sweet/salty flavor (not mandatory but it tastes good!)
7. Put the tray in the fridge and let the pretzelies set - usually only takes 30 minutes or so.
Serve and enjoy!
These make great hostess gifts and are also a lot of fun to make with kids. I make this with Pat’s nieces and nephews and they always look forward to it because everyone can have a “job” and they are very easy to do. Note - you do not have to use each kind of hershey kisses, but those are the kind I recommend - Hershey Hugs provide the pretty striped look.