are one of the reasons i love this time of year so much! my waistband on my jeans isn’t as much of a fan, but with such a short holiday season, nothing a little running won’t get rid of in the end.
here’s a fun sweet and salty snack which has become a favorite of family and friends during the holidays.
Note - you do not have to use each kind of hershey kisses, but those are the kind i recommend - dont use regular whole chocolate kisses though, because they will burn. Hugs are what you see in the picture.
1 bag of Snyders pretzel snaps (the square grid pretzels)
1 bag (or more) of hershey kiss hugs, caramel filled kisses and/or peanut butter filled kisses
1 medium bag of holiday colored M&Ms
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. put a layer of wax paper over a cookie sheet (or 2 sheets)
3. spread the pretzel snaps out over the wax paper, placing evenly side by side
4. unwrap hersey kisses/hugs and place 1 on top of each pretzel
5. put in the oven for about a minute or 2, the caramel ones take longer and peanut butter ones take less time
6. once starting to melt, take tray out of oven and press one M&M on top of each kiss/hug
7. place tray in fridge or freezer until cool
8. serve and enjoy!
i make this with pat’s nieces and nephews and they always look forward to it because everyone can have a “job” and they are very easy to do.